COME JOIN US on OCTOBER 2nd!
|Outside Burning Regulations
As many of you begin the task of cleaning up leaves and other yard debris. There are several options available to residents to dispose of this debris, primarily curbside yard waste pick up, and the township brush site. However, some residents may choose to burn the debris. Open burning is permitted in Saginaw Township, however it is only permitted under very specific conditions.
Please DO NOT conduct outside burning until you have reviewed all of the regulations contained in the "Burning Regulations" section of this website. Recreational fires (campfires/outdoor fireplaces) DO NOT require a permit, however there are several rules which apply to these types of fires:
Please call the Saginaw Township Fire Department offices (989.792.9691) if you have any questions regarding the burning regulations, to obtain a burning permit, or apply online at Burning Permit Application
- Fires must be constantly attended by a person eighteen (18) years old or older
- All fires must be extinguished by 11:00 pm. No fires may be started before dawn.
- Only clean, dry wood (firewood) may be burned; trash, building materials, brush, or leaves are prohibited.
- An extinguishing method (garden hose/fire extinguisher) shall be available for immediate use.
- All burning shall be a minimum of fifteen (15) feet from any structure, which includes residences, sheds, decks, and fences.
- Fires shall be 3 feet or less in diameter and 2 feet or less in height.
- Burning when wind speeds exceed ten (10) miles per hour is prohibited
Like Us on Facebook