Public Services

Frequently Asked Questions

  • Who maintains the local roads in Saginaw Charter Township? Saginaw County Road Commission is responsible for snow clearing and upkeep of the local roads in Saginaw Charter Township. Questions or concerns can be addressed by calling 752-6140 or by visiting their web site at

  • There is a streelight out on my street. Who do I report that to?  All street lights are maintained by Consumers Energy. Consumers Energy can be contacted at
    1-800-477-5050 or by clicking on the outage center link below to report on line.

Consumers Outage Center

When does yard waste pickup begin and end? Yard waste pickup will begin on Monday, April 1st, 2019 and run through Tuesday, November 26th. Yard waste includes grass clippings, sod without dirt, twigs (less than 2" diameter), leaves, etc. No root balls or stumps. Yard waste must be in Kraft paper bags or containers (33 gal or less) marked with Yard Waste. Yard Waste stickers are available at the Township Office. Brush and tree trimmings are picked up weekly on regular trash pick up day. Brush is limited to one bundle per week. Bundles may be no larger than 3' x 4' in size.

What are the hours of the Township brush site? The  2019 Brush Site Hours are as follows:

  • Spring Hours:   April 6th - May 26th, Saturday and Sundays only. 9am-3pm
    • Summer Hours: The third weekends of June, July, and August (June 15th & 16th, July 20st & 21st, August 17th & 18th.)  9am-3pm
    • NEW: Wednesdays from 9am-3pm starting June 26th - August 28th.
    • Fall Hours: September 7th- November 24th.  Saturday and Sunday  9am-3pm.
    • This site is for Township Residents only no commercial haulers, no yard waste, root balls, or stumps. No branches larger then 6 inches in diameter are accepted.