Welcome to the Saginaw Township Clerk's Office
The Saginaw Charter Township Clerk maintains records of all Boards minutes, Resolutions, Ordinances, Business Licenses, Liquor Licenses, and Voter Registrations.
The Clerk's Office also conducts elections for Saginaw Charter Township.
We hope the information you will find listed here to be helpful.
For further assistance, we can be reached Monday - Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at 989-791-9830.
We can be reached via email at Saginaw Township Clerk's Office.
No Elections Scheduled for 2019
Election Results for any Election go to the Saginaw County Clerk's web site and click on Election Information.
Am I Registered To Vote? Where Do I Vote? Where can I see a sample ballot?
This information can be accessed by following the link to the Michigan Voter Information Center.Do You Need an Absentee Ballot?
You can apply for an Absentee Ballot Application by clicking the link.
Ballots may be requested by mail up until 5:00 p.m. on the FRIDAY prior to an election. Please note that is rarely enough time to complete the process. Request your ballot as soon as possible.
The last day to obtain an absentee ballot in the office is the Monday prior to the election (by 4:00 p.m.).
The ballot must be voted in the office and returned.
All ballots must be returned by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day to be counted.
Completing The Ballot
Inside your ballot envelope will be the ballot, a return envelope and a secrecy sleeve.
Vote the ballot by completely filling in the oval to the right of the candidate's name.
Be sure to vote for only the number of candidates listed in the heading for that office.
Some offices allow more than one candidate to be nominated. Complete both sides of the ballot if applicable.
Place the ballot in the secrecy sleeve with the stub number showing, then in the return envelope - seal it, sign it, and date it within the red box on the front of the envelope.
The ballot will not be counted if the envelope is not signed!
Returning The Ballot
Ballots may be returned by:
- postal mail
- dropped in one of the white drop boxes in the circle drive
- dropped off at the Clerk's office by the voter; or an immediate family member; or a person residing
in the same household
Ballots must be returned by 8:00 p.m. on Election Day.
Permanent Absentee List
The Clerk's office maintains a permanent absent voter list.
Voters on this list will automatically receive an application for every election.
If you would like to be placed on this list, please call us at 989-791-9830 or Email.
Would you like to be an Election Inspector?
- Are you a registered voter in Michigan who wants to be paid to assist voters at the polls on Election Day?
- You must submit an election inspector application at the Saginaw Township Clerk's Office
- You must complete training at least every two years to be certified
- You are required to include your political party preference and any qualifications such as education or experience
- You cannot be a challenger, candidate, member of a candidate's immediate family or a member of the local Board of Canvassers
- Anyone convicted of a felony or an election crime is not eligible to work as an election inspector
Fill out the Application by clicking on the link and return it to the address on the form.
For more information call the Clerk's Office at 989-791-9830.
We look forward to hearing from you.